May 12, 2014

Confession: Tough Times in Marriage

Happy Pick-Me-Up Monday!

I know it's a little weird to start off like that considering this is supposed to be a confession, but it is still "pick-me-up Monday" here on the blog so I'm sort of doing two in one today. But I honestly have to say that I sure could use a BIG pick-me-up myself! I had a long and intense week/weekend. That's why I only wrote once last week! So as a part of the confession 

let me share with you my story...

My husband was recently signed to a new team in North Carolina and with that we were on the move again. It's the fourth move we've done within our first year of marriage! And since March of this year, Uriah was staying by our friend's while I was staying with my parents in Virginia...just until our living situation was figured out. We were hoping this new team would provide a place for us just like the team he played for previously. However, things didn't work out that way and we had to find an apartment. I have to admit trying to find a place live that works with our unpredictable situation is very difficult. 

After a month had passed Uriah and I were finally reunited, but the search continued. A few weeks later, our friends told us that their family was coming for their son's graduation so they needed all the rooms. That only left us with about a week and a half to find a place. On the bright side, thanks to The Lord, we finally found a real potential place. So on 
Saturday the 3rd we turned in the application and they said they would process it on Monday, which was perfect. However, each time we called they kept telling us "tomorrow". It was taking much longer than we expected...longer than we had.

Which brings me to last Wednesday (our deadline).
So there we were...our last day at our friend's house with no where to go (Not to mention all the hotels were booked because of graduation). It was seriously looking as if we were going to be sleeping in our over stuffed car until our application was approved. BUT God came through, like always, and we were able to stay at one of Uriah's teammate's apartment for a couple of nights! Plus our application was approved and we finally got to move in this past weekend! There was a lot more drama just trying to even sign the lease...but that's a story for another time! 

I have to be honest with you...last week was one of the toughest weeks my husband and I have had individually and as a married couple. Tears were shed and frustration was fully present. We were tested and we failed in a lot of areas, yet God never left us and He never stopped working on our behalf! 

We're still getting settled and we don't have internet yet, so I'm using my phone and I don't know how to embed a video with it. So for your "pick-me-up Monday" part, I hope you will settle for the fact that the hubby and I finally have a place to live for the time being and that we are still filled with joy and very much in love! 

*Awwww*

While the hubby looks great, this is not the best picture of me. But hey...I had a tough week so I get a pass! Haha


I want to know how your week went. Was it full of chaos like mine or was it smooth sailing?

No comments:

Post a Comment